Sunday, October 26, 2008


I have a friend who says he plans to vote for Baracko because he dislikes President Bush.
(He said he voted for President Bush in 2000 and 2004)
Tell me, what did President Bush do that you didn't like?
Or, what did President Bush not do that you didn't like?
(The Demos are experts at "class warfare)
With the help of the media, looks like the Demos may win because they have captured the votes of the "have nots".
Will ACORN steal this election?
I still have hope that McCain/Palin will win on November 4, 2008.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Lulu said...

Hey Ghost,
Get rid of that extra post.

Lulu said...

Hey Ghost, never mind.
Somehow I got rid of it myself.

Jen said...

I hope McCain wins as well because I believe he can surround himself with people who might actually be able to help this nation out.

We all know the people Obama will associate with for the sake of his career and it isn't pretty.

sandyseashells said...

I like COWBOYS too!

Gram said...

I will vote for an honest man.
It will be John McCain.

Sue said...

Lord help us!! I will post a Bush tidbit tomorrow, stop over!

JoeyBLS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JoeyBLS said...

I'm assuming that this comment (which I just recently seen) was meant for me, so I'll go ahead and give my views and feelings on President Bush.

WHAT DID PRESIDENT BUSH DO THAT I DIDN'T LIKE?

1) The irresponsible war in Iraq and how it was handled. Specifically, going to war without full approval from the U.N. and all of our major allies. If we were directly attacked by Iraq, then we wouldn't need to justify and need approval to keep America safe, but that wasn't the case. There were no weapons (or evidence of) of mass destruction. I won't go on and on with this point because even the most sensible Republicans can see how irresponsible and wreckless this war has been.

2) No Child Left Behind. While maybe a good-hearted attempt to bring more accountability to schools, it has created such a mess in poverty stricken areas. For example...my girlfriend is a teacher at a "very urban" school. The school gets low national marks due to the high ratio of free-lunch students (most of them) and low ISTEP scores (Indiana's Standardized Testing System). The current schools are being threatened with a government take-over and a drop in funding due to the low scores, despite the schools efforts to create after school programs and the willingness of teachers to stay longer (for no extra pay) to tutor and provide after school help. The idea behind No Child Left Behind isn't a bad one, but it was poorly structured and has not been revisited by the administration since. Problems surfaced years ago with many schools around the nation and the government hasn't provided any answers or direction on what these schools should do.

3) Neglectful foreign relations policies. The idea that we shouldn't meet with other country leaders (no matter who they are) is ridiculous. How can we work out our problems with Iran, Cuba, Russia, Venezuela, China, and others without having talks of some sort? Bush has been completely stubborn in this aspect and it has given the rest of the world a bitter opinion of America. We appear pompus to the world. Arrogant. While many precautions and preparations need to take place, we should NEVER stop talking to any world leaders, despite our opinions of them. This ideal alone jeopardizes our safety as Americans. Now, in cases of someone like Hitler, that is a completely different situation and approach.

4) Economic policies. I do not blame GWB for our current housing crisis, however, President Bush's attention has never been focused on anything domestic...at least not since 9/11. It's like no one was paying attention, and if they were, no one acted on it. The economic crisis didn't happen overnight, it was a culmination of events going all the way back to the Reagan era that propelled us into the state that we are currently in. I'm not saying I specifically blame Reagan, GWHBush, Clinton, or GWBush, and in fact, each of those Presidents had a small, unintentional, hand in what happened.

5) Trivial as it may be, not long after coming to office, President Bush decided that he would make it a policy that the White house press could not ask any follow-up questions during a press conference. They could ask one question, the President would answer, and that was all that they were allowed on that subject.

6) Eaves dropping and water torture. While Republicans sit back and fear that the Democrats are going to take over everything, our Republican administration has eaves dropped on US citizens, claiming that it is doing everything they can to keep America safe. This is not the way. Water boarding suspected terrorists does not work either. People will confess to ANYTHING when being tortured in order to make it stop. Heck...I'd confess to assinating JFK if someone tied me up and tickled me way past the point of peeing my pants, despite not having been born until 17 years later. It just doesn't work. Aside from it not working, it is 'cruel and unusual punishment' which our constitution forbids.

WHAT DID PRESIDENT NOT DO THAT I DIDN'T LIKE?

1) Hurricane Katrina. Probably one of the biggest blunders of his presidency. Lack of response. Lack of preparation. It wasn't like an unpredicted earthquake ravaged the region...it was a slow moving hurricane, with many days advanced notice. Granted, no one knew that Lake Ponchartrain would go over its banks, or break them. But for years it has been said that one day a big one would hit New Orleans in the most devistating way. Even I knew that New Orleans was below sea-level. It was days after the storm before Bush responded. FEMA was very slow to respond. Three years later, many are still stranded and displaced. Now, I don't expect the government to "fix" everything, but the response to Katrina was terrible and an embarrassment to a great country like ours. We responded better to the Tsunami in far east than we did to our own domestic crisis.

2) Bush did nothing for college bound students. The Pell Grants needed to be raised long ago, in the 1990s even. It is still the same amount it has been for years. Loans are also the same. Who can afford to go to college on loans if all you can borrow is $3500 as a freshman/sophomore or $5500 as a junior/senior? That amount covered less than one semester at a STATE UNIVERSITY almost 10 years ago for me. Luckily, I had good credit and so did my parents, so we also got private loans. Many of us aren't that lucky. I worked a job and put myself through college the old-fashion way. I work for a college that caters to lower-income families and I repeatedly watch them drop out because they cannot afford it. My college is a not-for-profit and gives over $18 million annually to student based on financial need and merit. Students still can't cover the rest with loans.


It's no wonder that Democrats and Republicans alike do not wish to be associated with Bush. Even McCain didn't want to be associated with him. It's not the media. I have not been hypnotized by Social/Progressives. The above is what actually happened! I didn't make that up and my opinion wasn't influenced. Undoubtedly, Bush will go down as one of the worst presidents in our history. And not because the media says so, but his failed policies and actions say so.

I did vote for him in 2000 because I thought Gore, as a person, was too stiff of a person/leader. Much of my vote that year was based on character. I did vote for him in 2004 because I was happy with his days/weeks/months after Sept 11th. I thought that (under those terrible circumstances), that was Bush's shining moment, and also a moment to unite Americans together, which we were. I didn't feel that Kerry made a strong leader. I did feel that Bush represented a strong leader, however, I feel that Bush sabatoged his own image from about 2005 until now.

I AGREE WITH BUSH ON...

1) We need a big defense department and military.
2) I am against abortion (except in cases of the mother's life in danger, rape, incest).
3) I am for smaller government (but am FOR a regulated government).
4) I am for an Israeli state.
5) I am for stronger, more protected borders with Mexico and Canada.
6) I am for strong international trade relations with Canada and Mexico

I DISAGREE WITH BUSH ON

1) Stem cell research
2) Torture
3) Gay Marriage / Civil Unions
4) Public privacy / voyerism
5) The Bush Doctrine (except in cases where other governments refuse to cooperate)

All of the above, both pros and cons for Bush are just the things I pulled off the top of my head as I sit at work.

Check out my upcoming political blog about my views on McCain/Palin and Obama/Biden.