everyone says
all the firsts
are really hard.

I think,even though we all have our own lives; our families and livelihoods, that it's crystal clear, how much dad (grandpa) was a part of our life; A part of our decision making, our thought process and just the simple way we look at and do things.
Something reminds us every day of dad. Sometimes the reminders make us sad -and we ache for his presence, and sometimes they make us happy.
It's probably safe to say, thus far, a tear or two (or more) has been shed every day since June 7th of this year. But, we carry on. We move forward and we look forward to the day when we will be together again. And we remember the love.
It's amazing how big a part of our life dad was in so many ways.





5 comments:
i think one of the things i miss the most is the joy in our children he shared with us (the parents)
and
the fun.
i really miss the fun.
sheila
Thank you for writing my thoughts so perfectly. I do miss him so. And you are right every day brings a memory so sweet. Yes, he did enjoy the children.
Very nice post. I miss the fun too and the way he greeted my kids when we visited.
today's a tough day.
I miss being able to pick up the phone and calling him. I did that a lot. Usually about sports, or a question I had about politics, or just casual conversations to see what was on his mind today.
I miss him so much.
He loved his country.
Post a Comment