Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Through The Years (Kenny Rogers)

Ever since I returned home from Arizona, I have looked at dads calender book.
Yesterday, I turned the page to find he had printed the words to this song.
I find it much more than a coincidence that he placed it in between the dates, June 30th and July 1st.
Yes, I think it is safe to say, that dad included these words here because they spoke of how he felt about mom.
A wonderful anniversary gift from him to her.


I can't remember when you weren't there
When I didn't care for anyone but you
I swear we've been through everything there is
Can't imagine anything we've missed
Can't imagine anything the two of us can't do


Through the years
You've never let me down
You turned my life around
The sweetest days I've found
I've found with you
Through the years
I've never been afraid
I've loved the life we've made
And I'm so glad I've stayed
Right here with you

Through the years
I can't remember what I used to do
Who I trusted whom, I listened to before
I swear you've taught me everything I know
Can't imagine needing someone so
But through the years it seems to me I need you more and more


Through the years
Through all the good and bad
I knew how much we had
I've always been so glad
To be with you

Through the years
It's better everyday
You've kissed my tears away
As long as it's okay
I'll stay with you
Through the years


Through the years
When everything went wrong
Together we were strong
I know that I belonged
Right here with you

Through the years
I never had a doubt
We'd always work things out
I've learned what love's about
By loving you
Through the years

Through the years
It's better everyday
You've kissed my tears away
As long as it's okay I'll stay with you
Through the years

5 comments:

Jen said...

Very loving and a very tough day for grandma to be sure. May we all surround her with as much love as we can.

Pedaling said...

every day, i think of dad.
all the time.
i've got a pic of him and mom on my fridge- the pic i recently took of them in front of the temple. he wanted to stand on the bridal platform dome thingy with mom.
i watch the video, i look at his blog.
and yes i think of mom. my heart hurts for her.
she is handling this with such grace, dad would be so proud, and is, i know.
but still i know it's hard, she cries and it hurts.
we love you mom
and dad.

Krista said...

happy anniversary!

Gram said...

I miss him so much. Yes, this has been a hard day. I can't help but think about our days through the years. Thank you, Sheila for posting this song. I did not realize that it was in Dad's Calendar Book. He spent a lot of time working on his book. I cherish the copy that I have. I thank all who pray for me, I feel that any strenghth that I have comes from your prayers. I look forward to that day when Dad and I will be together again.

sandyseashells said...

Yep, a hard day.